Shakemap Image. (Source: USGS
Interactive map: Open
Population Shakemap Overview . (Source: USGS
This earthquake is expected to have a low humanitarian impact based on the magnitude and the affected population and their vulnerability.
- Earthquake Magnitude 6M, Depth:4.23km
- on 19 Mar 2017 15:43 UTC
- About 94735 people within 100km
- inserted at 19 Mar 2017 17:04:23
- Magnitude: 6 M
- Depth: 4.23 km (very shallow)
- Area affected by light damage (estimated radius): 40 km (MMI VI)
- Source: NEIC us20008t6m
- Location (latitude/longitude): -8.1474, 160.7369
- Time (UTC): 19 Mar 2017 15:43:25
- Time (ECT): 19 Mar 2017 16:43:25
Earthquake impact details
The earthquake happened in Solomon Islands
The alertlevel for this event is Green
Event time line
For accessing reports of previous advisories, please click on the advisory number in the table below.
For a full list of available products related to this event, please refer to the GDACS Resources page.
About the data
While we try everything to ensure accuracy, this information is purely indicative and should not be used for any decision making without alternate sources of information. The JRC is not responsible for any damage or loss resulting from the use of the information presented on this website.